Today, more and more homeowners are seeking roofing contractors so they can have their old asphalt shingle roofs replaced with metal ones. There are many benefits to having a metal roof installed and it is important homeowners research their options so they can be prepared to make the best choice for their needs. With this information, homeowners will know why they should consider making the switch.
Benefits of Switching to a Metal Roof
There are many benefits to switching to a metal roof so it is important a homeowner carefully researches their options. The following are some of the most important benefits to consider when a homeowner is deciding between their shingled roof and a metal one.
- Depending on the type of metal and the installation, a metal roof can last considerably longer than a shingled roof. Metal roofs can last as long as 70 years with proper maintenance.
- Metal roofs will not catch fire from sparks and embers which is crucial for areas where wildfires are common.
- Metal roofs offer the added benefit of being energy efficient. Homeowners can often save as much as 20% on their energy costs when they have a metal roof installed.
- Metal roofs are more durable than shingled roofs and can sustain higher wind gusts. The durability offers homeowners greater peace of mind in knowing their roof is protective.
- Metal roofs can be made from recycled materials and they are 100% recyclable so they are much better for the environment than asphalt shingle roofs.
Although metal roofs are often more expensive than traditional asphalt shingles, many homeowners feel the initial greater investment is worth the cost when it comes to the many benefits listed above. A metal roof not only offers those benefits, it also adds attractiveness to a home and increases its value.
Get Started Right Away
If your old shingled roof is no longer offering your home protection, now is the time to consider replacing it with a metal roof. Metal roofs offer many benefits which make them attractive to all types of homeowners. Check out your options today so you can get started on making the right decision for your home.